new for us friday: NEW at camden yards (& giveaway!)
This New For Us Friday I did something that really made my husband jealous.
I got a behind-the-scenes look at the new and exciting things going on at Camden Yards, home of the Baltimore Orioles, before anyone else. All in the name of a huuuuge summer o’ celebration of 20 years at Camden Yards. Woot!
And even though I came home with a cool DugoutClub membership for one of our kids (and THREE to giveaway to three teach mama readers–woot!), he’s still a little sour.
Hopefully, though, after a summer of ballgames at the Yard–and with all the new surprises over there, he’ll get over it.
Here’s the skinny. . .
- NEW at Camden Yards: I wasn’t sure what to expect when the invitation said, ‘We will reveal the latest renovations, experiences, and food elements that will be featured at Oriole Park this season. . . ‘ but you better believe I was psyched.
Though we are not season ticket holders for any sport, we are sport fans and try to get our family out to a few games each season. We’re firm believers in the fact that any sort of event–whether rec league, high school, minor league, or major league–is worth taking our kids to enjoy.
And Camden Yards is one of our fave ballparks because it is so family-friendly. So beautiful. So easy. And baseball games are super-awesome places for sneaking in some fun learning along the way.
great photo of Camden Yards from last summer. . .
I’m totally excited about the fact that the Yard is becoming even more so this year. Families need to check out:
- Fan Assistance Center: For first-time visitors to the Yard, children will receive a free certificate celebrating their first visit to the park!
- Kids Corner: (near gate c) Moon Bounce. Speed Pitch. Climb and Play area. Batting Cage. FUN.
- Left Field All-Inclusive Picnic Perch: Families receive a Left Field Club Box seat (sections 282-288), access to exclusive Club Level at Oriole Park, as well as unlimited hot dogs, salads, nachos, sodas, and other menu items.
- Steal Second Base (by ESSKAY): Every Sunday home game, one young fan can participate in a timed race from the grounds crew area in center field to retrieve second base. Kids can sign up at any Fan Assistance Center, and the lucky winner will receive four tickets to that day’s game, gift certificates to use inside the park, an Orioles jersey, and an Orioles prize pack. Omg. My kids would go batty.
A quickie slideshow of all that I saw on my fun 20th Anniversary Tour:
Other Family-Fun Events:
- Little League Days: on-field parade for local little league teams, 4/29 & 5/27
- Mother’s Day Sun Hat Giveaway: first 10,000 moms get a free sun hat!, 5/13
- Field Trip Day: thousands of local students come to the park to learn about weather and its impact on playing conditions, 5/23
- Fireworks post-game: 5/25, 6/29, 7/27, 8/24, 9/28
- Kids Run the Bases: kids get to run the bases after the game!, 6/24, 8/12
- Day Camper Day: local campers come to the ballpark for the 12:35pm game on 7/26
- Orioles Collectable Truck Day: giveaway for first 10,000 kids 14 and under, 8/15
- Free Birthday Ticket: visit orioles.com/birthday for info on how your kiddo can get a free ticket on his or her birthday!
- Honorary Bat Kids Program: Kids 6-14 can fill out an entry form at select Giant Food Stores to receive a chance to win four tickets, on-field access, autographs, and more!
And the new pieces of Camden Yards:
- NEW rooftop bar area in center field that will allow fans to view the game as well as the activity and excitement on Eutaw Street below;
- right field wall has been lowered by four feet, providing fans with a better vantage point to watch the game;
- several new food additions to the ballpark this season, including Baltimore food staples Gino’s and Stuggy’s added to the north end of Eutaw Street and Orioles Hall of Fame catcher Rick Dempsey will open a new restaurant on Eutaw Street that will be open to public on both game days and non-game days throughout the year;
- fabulous, incredible food additions including crab mac and cheese hot dogs, crab cheeseburgers, to-die-for short ribs, fish tacos. . . omg yum;
- sculptures of the six greatest Orioles of all-time will be unveiled in the new center field garden in the bullpen picnic area, six players, one revealed each month.
GIVEAWAY: THREE DugoutClubpacks, each which includes
- One General Admission ticket to 10 special Dugout Club games
- Official Junior Orioles Dugout Club hat
- Dugout Club lanyard
- Official Membership Card
- Member-only giveaway item at every Dugout Club game
- Season subscription to Orioles Kids magazine
- All inside an Orioles drawstring bag!
- Plus, for Dugout Club games, family and friends can purchase additional Upper Deck General Admission tickets for only $6 or assigned Left Field Lower Box seating for $15! (subject to availability)
Do you want to win one of THREE DugoutClub packs?!
- All you have to do is leave a comment here sharing what YOU look for in a family-friendly ballpark!
For extra entries:
- Tweet this: Win @orioles DugoutClub and go to 10 #baseball games FREE! @teachmama http://wp.me/p1NAxy-1O3-1F8 #camdenyards20 #familyfun #giveaway
- Share this post on your Facebook page–very easy!
- Share this postwith a friend (just tell me who you shared it with!)
- Pin this poston Pinterest! (Use ‘pin it!’ button below post!)
By entering this giveaway, you are demonstrating your understanding of and compliance with the Official Sweepstakes Rules.
This giveaway ends Friday, April 13, 2012 at midnight ET. Winner will be chosen by ‘And the Winner is. . .’ and will be notified on or around 4/13/12. Winner must respond within three (3) days of notification or forfeit the prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected. All Official Sweepstakes Rules apply.
fyi: This is an unsponsored post, which I wrote because I was invited to be a part of the Orioles Birdland Blogger program. I did receive one DugoutClub pack for free, but all other opinions are my own, influenced only by my three little ball-players and their ballpark fan father.Pin It