You know I’m always on the hunt for ways to make screen time really count for my kids.
I’m constantly trying to sift through all of the junk out there (because, friends, we all know there’s a lot of junk out there!) to find apps that are really worth our time and money. It’s difficult. Really, it is.
This app is a creative platform for home or classroom where kids can write, draw, and create their very own books. It’s a bookmaking app to the max. I can only imagine what I would have done with an app like this when I was a kid.
It’s an app that makes me, as an educator and parent, tremendously happy.
And we’ve got three freebie downloads for one lucky teachmama.com reader. That’s right. So one person can try it and share it with two friends. Woot!
Here’s the skinny. . .
Creative Writing and Book Creation App for Kids:
Geared toward children ages 6-12, Scribble Press Deluxe allows users to write stories, either supported or on their own.
Kids can choose to begin with a ‘story starter’–over 30 types–that fall under:
- About Me;
- Fairy Tale;
And from there, the possibilities are endless.
- fill in blanks, change words, or add their own;
- create drawings on the page;
- add photos;
- add tons and tons of stickers;
- add a background to each page;
- record sound;
- add music to each page;
- change the book cover;
- add pages;
- change the font or color;
- make the book into a video, photo, or export the book as a pdf.
Check out Cora playing around with Scribble Press Deluxe:
Cora’s draft one of book, I’m An Animal: cora’s book: draft 1
Honestly, friends, we loved a lot about this app. In particular, we (Cora and I) loved:
- the ease of use;
- the simplicity of the site;
- the ‘look’ of everything–we loved the graphics;
- the perfect number of stories to choose from;
- that you could fill in words of stories if you wanted or start your own;
- that you could change words already in the stories;
- that you could record your voice;
- using the camera was easy;
- adding stickers was super easy and fun;
- if you made a mistake, you could easily change it;
- it was easy to save the book;
- the music was cool;
- it was super easy to add another author to the account;
- if there wasn’t a sticker or background that you wanted, you could add your own by taking a picture;
- it was really easy to figure it all out (not a huge learning curve!);
- you could save the book as a video;
- you could send the book to your email.
- that there was a penguin sticker (Cora loves penguins!);
- Really that’s it. When I say we loved this app, I mean it!)
Stay in touch with the good people of Scribble Press Deluxe:
WIN three Scribble Press Deluxe downloads (for you and two friends!) along with a $25 Visa gift card!
Do you want to win three Scribble Press Deluxe downloads (for you and two friends!) along with a $25 Visa gift card?? !? ??! Yes, yes you do.
Please use the Rafflecopter widget below to throw your name in the hat:
By entering this giveaway, you are demonstrating your understanding of and compliance with the Official Sweepstakes Rules.
This giveaway ends Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at midnight ET and is open to folks here in the US only. Winner will be chosen by ‘Rafflecopter’ and will be notified on or around 06/22/16. Winner must respond within three (3) days of notification or forfeit the prize, in which case an alternate winner will be selected. All Official Sweepstakes Rules apply.
fyi: This post was written as part of a sponsored partnership with Fingerprint, the creators of Scribble Press Deluxe, but as always, my opinions are my own, influenced only by my experience as a parent and educator and by my three awesome kids.
fyi: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Forever and always I recommend only products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” For more information, please see teachmama media, llc. disclosure policy.