Before the week begins and life gets nutty again, I need to take a second to offer a few thank you’s to all the moms, where thank you’s are needed:
- Thank you to every single one of the moms who take a few minutes out of their busy days to read my posts. I truly, genuinely appreciate it more than you know. Thank you.
- Thank you to all of the mom friends in my life who inspire me, listen to me, and help me get through each day smiling (or as close to smiling as possible!). Thank you for putting up with my crazy ideas and trusting that I really won’t blog about you. (I won’t. I promise.) Thank you.
- Thank you to my mom who is the most amazing mother (and Nanny) on the planet and the reason I am the mother I am today. I will only ever be a fraction of the awesome you are, Mom, even at my absolute best. Thank you.
- Thank you to my mother-in-law who is the most amazing mother-in-law (and Grandmother) I could ever ask for and the reason I am married to my husband this very day (she set us up on a blind date–no joke!). You knew we’d be great together, and we are. Thank you.
- Thank you to my Nana for handing down her writing genes to me. One of these days, we’re going to get your work published, Nana; there’s no doubt in my mind. Your pages and pages and pages written in your perfect cursive will one day see print. I promise, and I thank you.
- Thank you to my sisters who constantly field my “what-the-heck-should-I-do-with-Maddy/Owen/Cora” questions about anything and everything. You guys rock. (And Happy First-Ever Mother’s Day to you, Jenny!) Thank you.
- Thank you to the many gazillion moms who inspire me through their blogs, articles, and vlogs–every day of the year. I am a notorious lurker, so you better believe I read but don’t comment. Thank you.
- Thank you to all of the parents and teachers who have taken time out of their days to share ideas on we teach–I am amazed every time I visit at how talented the people are, how supportive they are, and how generous they are with their time and ideas. Thank you.
I could go on and on and on, but I really want to return to bed in an uplifted frame of mind and not a sappy, crying, weepy one–which I’m pretty close to. So really, thank you to all of the moms out there, for everything. That’s. It. Happy, happy, happiest Mother’s Day to you!