I cannot even BELIEVE that today is here, friends, but it is.
I have co-written a book–a lifelong dream of mine–and to say I am excited is an understatement.
I am completely and totally thrilled.
Over the moon energized and elated, dance-around-the-room happy.
The fabulous and totally rad Allison McDonald of No Time for Flashcards and I wrote this book. Allie and I are longtime buddies, and we co-anchor the Scholastic Parents Raise a Reader blog, so we put our heads together and put a lot of our most popular content and teacher-insider tips together in this book.
But we’re both busy, working, over-stretched, and always tired parents, so we wanted to really make this work for parents and caregivers just like us.
We all want to do the best for our kids, but we often don’t know how or where to begin. This book is a great place to start.
It’s published by Scholastic. It releases on November 10th. Eeeeeeeeeee! So, so, SO Excited.
Here’s the skinny. . .
Raising a Rock-Star Reader–Sneak Peek and Pre-Order:
I do have to clarify: this book is for every person who cares for kids. Every, single parent, aunt, grandparent. Every caregiver, babysitter, neighbor, friend of children.
And it’s not about shoving books in your kids’ faces every single second of the day. No way.
It’s about raising kids who love to read.
So we called it: Raising A Rock-Star Reader: 75 Quick Tips to Help Your Child Develop a Lifelong Love of Reading.
And that’s just what it is–a book that you can throw in your purse, diaper bag, or backpack, pick up whenever you get a chance, skim through and find a quick–but meaningful–activity that you could use right there and then with your child.
And these aren’t activities to simply pass time or aimlessly fill afternoons, my friends; these are activities that will allow you to spend meaningful time with your child, helping him or her develop important reading and literacy skills. Little things that you can do whether you are at the park or in your playroom, in the car or on the sidelines, whether you have five minutes or twenty-five.
All the same kinds of things I’ve been sharing here on the ole bloggy blog for the last eight years. Activities that empower parents to be the best teachers they can be for their children. Because really, we are our kids’ first and most important teacher!
Okay, so I cannot tell you everything now, but I’ll tell you this:
- You can order the book here: Raising a Rock-Star Reader.
- You can find everything you need to know about the book here: Raising A Rock-Star Reader super site.
- You will get a sneak peek before the November 10th release! 75 awesome and amazing influencers will be sharing their take on our book for 30 days leading up to our book launch (75 tips, 75 influencers–get it?), and Allie and I will be sharing that info too. We are so grateful for these guys and gals, and we want you to see how awesome they are, too!
- You will get a rock-star reading tip each day on Instagram #RaiseAReader — so follow along and share! Share your tips and let us know what you think. We know you all have tons of advice and tricks up your sleeve, too!
- You can ask questions and get up close and personal with Allie and me on Periscope. We’ll let you know the deets, but we’re going to be doing a bunch of ‘scoping in the next few days and weeks!
- You will not believe what’s coming. We will have an insane giveaway to announce on November 10th. Think big, friends. I mean really, really big.
A million, trillion thanks for walking this walk with me and for being around for this exciting time. Your support and encouragement is more appreciated than you will ever know.
Have any questions? Any comments or ideas? We’d love to hear them!