Every day, all day.
Each week. Each month, all year long, I am asked all kinds of reading questions.
So I’m officially opening up teachmama office hours!
That way, we can chat–even for a quick five minutes!–and I can help you support your children.
The awesome thing is that there’s a free, new platform called SpareMin that allows us to chat when we can find time. During our ‘spare’ minutes of the day.
I love it.
I’m just planning ahead a bit and telling you when I’ll make time to chat; my office hours will mean I’ll free up my schedule so we can talk.
Office Hours are this weekend, friends! Sign on up and let’s connect!
I will be doing two sessions: Saturday, April 23 from 10-10:30 am ET and Sunday, April 24 from 8-8:30 pm ET.
If you want to participate, all you have to do is:
1. Put in a Talk Request to @amymascott on SpareMin. Note: you will need to download (free!) the Android or iOS app to do this.
iOS: iTunes Store — SpareMin
Android: Google Play Store — SpareMin
2. After you put in a Talk Request, I will choose some callers, and you will get a notification when I go online. Then we connect for a call at either of my Office Hour time slots.
This week, my Office Hours are:
- Saturday, April 23, from 10-10:30 am, ET
- Sunday, April 24, from 8-8:30 pm, ET
Note: All calls are limited to 5 minutes each, and all calls are recorded and shared via social media so other people can learn as well!
Looking forward to connecting!
Some questions I commonly receive (ideas to get you started!)
- What should my child know before going to Kindergarten?
- When should I teach my child how to write his/ her name?
- How do you teach your child his/her name?
- What do I do with my reluctant reader?
- How should I get my child to talk to me about books?
- What books would you recommend for fun summer reading?
- How do you organize a Book Swap?
- Where would you recommend I get books for our at-home library?
- How can I help my child better understand what he/she reads?
- What should I do with my child this summer so that he/she doesn’t experience the ‘summer slide’?
- Which books would you recommend for a child who loves animals?
- My child does not like to read aloud. What should I do?
- My child wants to read ‘The Hunger Games’. Should I let him?
- When reading, my child makes a ton of mistakes but never stops to correct herself. What should I do?
- What’s a fun way for teaching my child the alphabet?
fyi: I’m thrilled to be partnering with the great folks at SpareMin for this post and for teachmama Office Hours for the next few months. Try it! It’s a really cool concept, friends!