This news is totally exciting for me–today I’m taking part in my first-ever Blog Party for a site that I’m honored to be a new contributor for–5 Minutes For Mom.com
I had the fantastic opportunity to catch up with twins Janice and Susan at Disney’s Social Media Moms Celebration back in February, and I was more than excited when Janice asked if I’d be interested in sharing some Reading Specialist secrets over at their incredible site. You better believe that I was ready and wiling to jump on board, so although this is my first time participating in a Blog Par-tay, it’s 5 Minutes For Mom’s 4th Annual Event.
Essentially, a Blog Party is a chance for bloggers to introduce themselves, connect with new friends, and find some new pals to read. No worries if you’re not a blogger, though; if you head to the site, you’ll find ways of connecting with others and the chance to win some really cool prizes!
So here is my Blog Party introduction, for those who are interested. . .
- a mother of three–Maddy, Owen, and Cora (6, 4, and 3 years old);
- a wife of an incredible elementary school administrator whom I met on a blind date, set up by his mom (yes, it’s true!);
- a Reading Specialist and former high school English teacher, a tutor, and Literacy Consultant;
- the creator of teachmama.com and we teach (www.weteachgroup.com);
- a contributor for 5 Minutes for Mom.com, ABC and 123, DC Metro Moms, and Washington Times Online Community;
- a freelance writer with book-writing on the brain.I have:
- three crazy-cool younger sisters;
- awesome parents who recently got tattoos;
- been raised in Pennsylvania, lived in Delaware, spent time in Scotland, and resided in five different Maryland cities;
- had birds, fish, snakes, cats, dogs, gerbils, guinea pigs, rabbits, hermit crabs, and lady bugs as pets;
- many unfinished knitting projects, blog posts, and craft projects;
- dreamed about getting flames painted on the side of my mini-van for the last four years.
- pilates, running, and walking with friends;
- cooking, eating, and watching the TV Food Network;
- learning, writing, reading, and teaching;
- backyard picnics, little-kid belly laughs, and Happy Hour.
- get to see a live taping of the Oprah Show before she goes off the air;
- participate in the Relay for Life to honor our friend, Scott, this May;
- see the Dixie Chicks for the fourth time with my sisters this June;
- always play chase with my kids, whenever they ask;
- read books to my little ones at bedtime for as long I’m able;
- travel, go on a date with my husband, hang out with my pals, or take a walk whenever I’m asked.
And just in case I’m super lucky? My prize picks are: INTL2 (would LOVE this!), INTL 1, USC 49, USC 43, and any gift card. Thanks!