-Are you an author or illustrator? (Or do you hope to someday be one?)
-Are you interested in learning about how you and your child can be published in a book about ‘gratitude’?
Today we’re sharing information about Memetales, and if you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions, then read on!
COLLECTIVE CREATIVITY AT MEMETALES: Let us create a picture book together!
by Maya Bisineer of Memetales
We are creating a collective picture book at Memetales and we want you and your child to be a part of it!
If you would like your child be a part of a published book, then read on …
Answer a question and submit a piece of artwork by your child (before Nov 5th) and YOUR child could be a part of a picture book published by Memetales. Three participants will also get printed copies of the book! The entries have started coming in, so hurry if you want to be a part of it!
Read below for the details. All the best!
The theme for the book we are creating is Gratitude or Giving Thanks. Since we are publishing the book just in time for Thanksgiving and the holidays, what better theme than gratitude, right?
- STEP 1 – ASK YOUR CHILD A QUESTION. Take a few minutes or hours. Sit down with your child and ask them who and what they are grateful for. Is there anyone they want to thank and why? Did someone do something special for them? Do they have a friend, relative or even a thing they feel lucky to have? Do they want to make a thank-you card for somebody?
Then complete one of these sentences –
- I am grateful to ______________ because _____________________.
- Thank you _________________for _________________________.
- I thank _________________ because ________________________.
- STEP 2 – HAVE THEM CREATE SOME ART. Let your child create anything – a piece of art, coloring, a craft or a photograph of a project or a person with them. Anything really – as long as it involves the child in a fun creative way, it is game!
- STEP 3 – SUBMIT IT!!
1. If you are interested in participating, fill this form here.
2. When ready, send an email to maya at memetales dot com . be sure to attach the following:
a. Your child’s name, age and picture;
b. The artwork picture or a photograph along with the tagline
The Deadline for entries is November 5th. We will publish the book for Thanksgiving, so that the parents and kids that participate can enjoy the book they created! If there are enough entries we will certainly publish two books, but be sure to get your entries in early, since we will pick the first 15 eligible entries for the book!
About Memetales: Memetales is a site to share and celebrate children’s stories. At Memetales, you can read books online and discover book related crafts and activities from the best bloggers/contributors such as yourself. If YOU want to be featured along with our books, be sure to add yourself as a creator here. Find us on Facebook and on twitter too!
All the best! We cannot wait to see and share back your entries!!