This spring, my family was elated to have been invited to attend the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration in Disneyland.
It. Was. Amazing.
Not only did we hear from amazing speakers and make incredible connections with talented bloggers from around the country, but we also had the chance to explore Disneyland for the very first time. Disneyland rocks.
We prepared with our Disney Fun Fact lunchbox notes, and we totally pulled off the most amazing Disney surprise scavenger hunt ever for our kids. And the trip did not disappoint.
For the very first time, we pin traded. We Disney pin traded.
And I totally think it rocks for families. Every family should try it, and the Disney vacation–no matter whether it’s Disney World or Disneyland–is taken to a whole new level.
Our kids were the perfect ages at 10, 8, and 7 years old.
We’re totally and completely hooked on pin trading.
Here’s the skinny. . .
- Disney Pin Trading–Why it Rocks for Families:
Essentially, Disney pin trading is just that: trading Disney-themed pins at Disney parks.
Simple, right? Right.
You can take Disney pin trading to just about any level you want, or you can challenge yourself to gather entire lines, sets, or mini collections. We went simple. Believe me.
We started with a handful of pins to get us started.
For the six or so weeks we had to prepare for our trip, Maddy, Owen, and Cora worked hard to earn their pins. We:
- purchased a beginner set of Disney pins from Amazon;
- found some lanyards we had around the house (you can buy lanyards pretty inexpensively);
- explained that for every 10 gems the kids earned, they could earn one pin;
- took time each Sunday evening to count gems and to choose pins;
- whomever’s day it was chose first–he or she handed in 10 gems and grabbed a pin from the dish;
- added pins to lanyards as the weeks went on;
- began trading once we hit the parks!
It was awesome. And for so many reasons I believe Disney pin trading rocks, but I share my top 5 reasons here:
fyi: The teachmama.com youtube channel is all about sharing quick teaching tips, reading strategies, and parenting tricks with parents and caregivers.
It’s about empowering parents to be the best teachers they can be for their children. Subscribe here so you don’t miss a thing!
We all really had a blast with pin trading.
I know the kids now look at their lanyards much differently–they know the story behind nearly every pin.
Need a little more info before you get started? Check out my friend Tiffany’s post: Disney Pin Trading 101. It’s awesome.
Here are a few other ways to countdown or celebrate your own Disney vacation:
- Disney word searches
- Disney surprise scavenger hunt
- Countdown to Disney with Disney Dollars
- Disney fun fact lunchbox love notes
- Lessons from Disney Social Media Moms Celebration
- Disney bleached out t-shirts
fyi: Affiliate links are used in this post.
Leave a Reply