Okay, day two of my new and improved life as a blogger.
I’m the learner today, in dire need of a decent teacher and a boatload of patience on my part. I’m trying to spruce up my blog a bit, and clearly I didn’t get very far.
I did find a decent website, though, that has a ton of free fonts. It’s http://www.1001freefonts.com/, and it’s actually relatively easy for even the most computer illiterate to figure out. My goal is to get comfortable in—or on—my blog site before I can get moving on my #1 and #2 reasons for blogging. But my #3 goal is to learn as I journey through this, so here goes.
So even though I didn’t actually get to use my newfound fun fonts on my site, I did pick a few and download them onto my computer.
Here’s what I did:
1. Looked at the site—it’s easy to lose time here because there are tons of very cool fonts–and found a few I liked;
2. Clicked on the icon ‘Download Win font’;
3. Clicked ‘save’ and I put each font I liked into a folder I made in Documents and Settings titled ‘teach mama’; (That way I am hoping that all of my new blog-related documents will stay together.)
4. I went to My Documents and clicked on the Zipped up Folder Icon with the name of the new font I downloaded;
5. I highlighted the Folder Icon with the font I wanted. On the left sidebar, I clicked ‘Extract all files’ and a neat little “Extraction Wizard” started and unzipped the file for me.
6. Then I went to Control Panel, clicked on the Font Folder Icon;
7. When the Font Folder was opened, I clicked on File, then ‘Install New Fonts’;
8. When prompted, I located the handy little ‘teach mama’ folder I made in Documents, and highlighted the one I wanted;
9. I highlighted it in the list of fonts, clicked okay, and it was officially on my list of Fonts.
Hooray! Now I just need to figure out if I can use them on my actual blog. . . probably not, but I’m learning. Maybe I’ll tackle that tomorrow during naptime. . .