Here is our official homeschooling schedule during the current Coronavirus school closings. School at home. Here we go!
Since we are in an official state of emergency now, in order to contain and control the spread of CoVid-19, we have to keep our kids at home. That means that a whole lot of children in the US will need to be “homeschooled” for a while.
And though it may be super difficult for many families, the most important thing is that we keep our kids on a schedule so that we all maintain some sense of normalcy.
Let’s face it, friends.
None of us ever, in a million years, imagined we’d be where we are at this exact moment in time.
But here we are.
So I created a ‘School At Home’ schedule for my kids so that we stay sane. Or as close to sane as humanly possible.
Here’s the skinny. . .
Homeschooling Schedule During Coronavirus School Closings
I hit my kids with the schedule today, Saturday, so that they know what’s coming.
Do you want to print the some of these School at Home Schedules for your own kids?
Give it a go and let me know how it works for you.
I have searched high and low for examples. I’ve tried to find one that will work for our family, but I just couldn’t find anything.
I wanted a schedule that:
- gave our family structure without
- gave our family some room to move
- allowed the kids some choice and options
- allowed me to work (since I work from home!)
- put these kids to work a bit (because a family of 5 home for a million days means this house will be a mess. . . )
So I think this Homeschooling During Coronavirus Schedule is what will work for us.
I have included several versions of this schedule for you, in case you wanted to modify:
- School at Home During Coronavirus: totally blank
- School at Home During Coronavirus: blank times
- School at Home During Coronavirus: blank descriptions
- School at Home During Coronavirus: times with everything else blank
- School at Home During Coronavirus: our family’s schedule
I’ll be sending out more as the week goes on, but until then, please send over any ideas, suggestions, or questions to me. We’re all in this together!
Other Coronavirus related posts:
Want some more help, support, and resources during the Coronavirus closures?
Check out these resources from my pals:
- My friend, Sara’s Facebook post about the Coronavirus that went viral
- Sara’s suggestions for preparing during this advisory period
- Check out this list of 20 online schooling resources that my pal Nadia found
- I love this list of online learning and crafts for kids from Jessica of The Mom Creative–my sweet friend always finds great buys!
- My pal Jodi compiled a bunch of ways that we can feed our wanderlust while staying at home. It’s awesome.
- wait time
- my day, your day
- frozen peas
- kids who rock the kitchen
- kids who rock the laundry
- rest time
- gem jars
- arm circles
- noticing kids
- homework routine