Do you want a chance to win a LeapFrog Tag Reader and USA Map? (Sure you do!)
How does an all-expenses paid trip to Hollywoodsound–to hang out with some uber-cool celeb moms and to help them wrap tons of LeapFrog Tag Packs for needy schools? (Awesome, right?)
It’s a super-speedy giveaway turnaround, but I’m so excited to share this opportunity for several reasons:
- It’s a fabulous cause–increasing literacy and making kids excited about reading! Woo-hoo!
- The LeapFrog Tag Reader is one of our faves–and I want a teach mama reader to have one!
- It’s a really smart way of kicking off the season of giving!
Here’s the skinny:
- LeapFrog Tag Reader & USA Map Giveaway: In the last year, with the help of many of you, our friends at LeapFrog have given away $1.5 million in Tag School Reading Systems and Books to 10,000 Kindergarten classrooms here in the US through the Tag. Give. Read. Campaign.
The program’s been so successful that now celebs are on board! Jayneoni Moore from “Access: Hollywood” is launching a parallel program through The Jayneoni Moore Children’s Fund called “Tag, You Are It!”. The goal of her program is to get Tag Systems into the hands of even more children who need them. I love it.
Jayneoni and her celeb-mom pals are buying Tag Readers to donate to classrooms in need, and LeapFrog is giving 5 Tag Books for each system donated to the cause. On November 14th, all of these moms–and their kids–are going to gather for a Tag Reader “Packing Party”.
And here’s where you come in: one teach mama reader could possibly be there to help! Seriously. Here’s how:
GIVEAWAY: Tag Reader & USA Map (plus your name entered to win a chance to head to Hollywood on November 14!)
Do you want to win one Tag Reader System and USA Map?
Do you want your name entered in the drawing by LeapFrog for an all-expense paid trip to California to help Jayneoni and her pals pack the Tag Systems?
- All you have to do is leave a comment here (with email address!) explaining who in your life needs a Tag System.
- For extra entries, you can share this post with a friend (just tell me who you shared it with!) OR Tweet this: Win @LeapFrog Tag Reader and USA Map (and maybe go to CA for free!) visit @teachmama — http://bit.ly/9NWNVS #ece #literacy
This contest ends on Saturday, November 6, 2010 at midnight ET. Winner will be notified on Sunday, 11/7/10, so I can send winner’s information to LeapFrog. By Tuesday, November 10, LeapFrog will know who is heading to Hollywood on the 14th, so that person has (eeee!) a few days to pack and plan.
It’s no secret that our family loves the Tag Reader, but this kind of generosity makes me love LeapFrog that much more. And 99% of the teachers involved in the campaign said that they would recommend the Tag System to other teachers and parents because of their students’ enthusiastic attitudes toward reading and their improved reading skills after using the Tag System. WOW.
If you’re not up for entering the giveaway but do want to contribute to this campaign, please head to the Tag. Give. Read. site, click on the DonorsChoose.org and make a donation toward a teacher who would like Tag Readers in the classroom. Dollar to dollar, LeapFrog will match donations up to $100,000.
fyi: Many thanks to LeapFrog for sharing this opportunity with our readers and for providing one Tag Reader and USA Map for one teachmama.com reader. This is an unpaid post, but LeapFrog will add my name to the drawing for the November 14 trip to Hollywood in exchange for me doing this giveaway. My opinions are all my own.
Good luck, happy reading, and even happier giving!