I never would have imagined these courses could be quite so fun, but they are.
This summer, Maddy, Owen, Cora, and I have been exploring the crazy insane range of online classes that Craftsy offers. We love them. The videos are clear, they’re comprehensive, and they’re fun.
Online classes are a super idea for the summer–or any time–and the format of many of the courses really works well for upper elementary aged children.
So one of the things I’m going to surprise the kids with next week is a bunch of fun new classes to take: we’re going to learn to make cookies or cupcakes.
Or cookies and cupcakes. Yum.
Here’s the skinny. . .
Learn to Make Cookies or Cupcakes–Online Courses from Craftsy:
My kids, at 11, 9, and 8 years old, are at a really fun age for this kind of thing.
We’re way over diapers (phew!), and naptime is a thing of the past. But the kids are also not into having to be with friends every minute of every day, and they’re still big into hanging around us here at home (phew!).
So what better way to fill long summer afternoons than with the sweet smell of cupcakes baking in the oven?
There are always very reasonable prices for the courses at Craftsy, but from August 1- August 3, the prices are going to be especially reasonable. Many of the classes on how to make cookies and cupcakes will be on sale. Wooo-hooooo.
Check it out
- The Custom Cupcake: Make dreamy, custom-flavored cupcakes a sweet reality with new recipes and techniques! Mix and match flavors, frostings, fillings and decorations.
- Decorating Essentials: Designer Cookies: Be the go-to dessert designer and make any celebration a sweet success. Use run sugar, hand-painting, brush embroidery and more to create adorable, custom cookies.
- The Perfect Cupcake: Deliver heavenly cupcakes no one can resist. Combine creative cupcake flavors, fillings and frostings with gorgeous decorating for out-of-this-world treats!
- Piping Cookies that Pop: Create all the cookies you can dream up using simple piping skills and vibrant colors. Use custom templates and royal icing to make original designs that will amaze any client!
Here’s how Craftsy works:
- You sign up for an account. (Super easy, right?)
- You buy whichever courses you want. (No joke, you’ll want to take about 50)
- You watch the class whenever you want. As often as you want. (Really, it’s that easy.)
- You wow your friends and family with our newly-acquired skills. (Wow them you will.)
I think we’ll go for The Perfect Cupcake and Decorating Essentials: Designer Cookies.
They look like they’ll be a good fit for us. I’ll let you know how they go!
What looks good to you? Have you taken a course like this before? I’d love to hear it!
Check out our summertime fun posts:
- week 1, tabletop surprises
- matchstick math
- kids make commercials
- summer reading logs and reading goals
- week 2, tabletop surprises
Find something fun to do this summer by following our summertime fun board:
fyi: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Forever and always I recommend only products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” For more information, please see teachmama media, llc. disclosure policy.