This New For Us Friday doesn’t include Maddy, Owen, and Cora; it only includes me (and I can’t express how guilty I feel about it)! It’s my first time away solo in ages–woo-hoo!! Talk about being totally new and exciting; I’m trying something crazy new—a blogging conference in Chicago!
It’s a four-day getaway, a chance to learn a little more about the in’s and out’s of blogging, a chance to hang out with some of my favorite bloggers and to meet some new ones.
Here are some things I’m having a great time doing:
- Sharing a room with–and spending some good, old-fashioned girl-time with my pal, Amy
- traveling with Shannan;
- hanging out with my DC Metro Mom pals and meeting the writers from Silicon Valley Mom Blog Group (and all of the area writers–Chicago Moms, New York Moms, New Jersey Moms, Philadelphia Moms, Rocky Mountian Moms, LA Moms, 50-Something Moms, Deep South Moms, and Canada Moms;
- handing out cool pens and tatoos for Momfluence;
- chatting with–and laughing and crying through the keynote speakers with–one of my favorite mom-teachers, Allie;
- running–okay, and walking–the BlogHer 5K with Leticia and Justice Fergie;
- spending time with another mom pal and Philadelphia Mom Blogger, Amy;
- working with some cool people–Cathy, Mollie, and Chanse–from Nokia who want me to try out some snazzy new techie device;
- meeting the good people from all of the sponsors of BlogHer and the nightly cocktail parties and events. . .
While I’m away, my husband—great dad that he is—is in charge, fancy-schmancy new knee and all. They’ve got some playdates scheduled, the guineas to play with, and even a birthday party thrown in the mix, so I’m sure their little “at-home vacation” will far surpass the one I had with our troops way back in March during my husband’s golf trip weekend.
And that’s it! I sure miss my little ones and husband, but it’s also pretty awesome to get away!