Thank you to the many readers who entered this giveaway. It is now closed, and the winner, lucky #15 has been notified! (Shhhh, but keep your eyes open for another fabulous giveaway from LeapFrog in the next few weeks!
This quickie New For Us Friday involves some fab, new DVD’s from our friends over at LeapFrog! And they’ve given me the opportunity to give a set of two away to one teach mama reader. Woo-hoo!
Just in time for spring, when preschool’s out and we really need to work hard to sneak in some learning, these DVD’s will arrive and save the day!
As I’ve said before, we work hard over here to limit screen time and make sure our kiddos view quality programming, so having these DVD’s from LeapFrog–a company I have grown to respect and trust, is a win-win in my book.
Here’s the skinny:
- LeapFrog DVD’s — The Amazing Alphabet Amusement Park & Numbers Ahoy: Really, my kids will watch just about anything, but when they specifically request to watch ‘that LeapFrog numbers DVD’ or ‘the LeapFrog letters one’, I’m a pretty happy mama.
Every so often, Owen or Cora will ask to watch one after their rest time–when it’s their day–and they genuinely love them. They sing the songs–very catchy ones, I may add–when they’re playing, and I love it because they’re songs about letters and numbers. It makes my teacher heart a-flutter.
The DVD’s, straight from LeapFrog:
The Amazing Alphabet Amusement Park (Ages 3-6): When their firefly friend, Edison, takes Tad, Lily and Scout to the place of his childhood dreams, the gang is shocked to discover that Alistair Alphabelly’s Amazing Amusement Park is… closed! To make matters worse, Edison has gotten himself stuck atop the Fantastical Ferris Wheel. The only way to save him is to turn on the rides in the park with the magic of the alphabet. Now the children must learn all of the letters, big and small, to save their friend, save the day and perhaps even meet the rhyme master himself, Alistair Alphabelly!
Numbers Ahoy (Ages 3-6): Tad and Lily need a little number sense to help them get through a complicated game. So their magical firefly friend, Edison, takes them on a fantastical journey under the sea! When a pirate mistakenly captures their cute puppy pal Scout, they must use their new understanding of counting, grouping and estimating to rescue him. Join them as they navigate the deep and face foes such as sharks, crab henchmen—even Pirate Pythagoras himself—and begin to see numbers in a whole new way!
Here’s what we love about the LeapFrog DVD’s:
- the quality of the animation, story, and content is incredibly-high;
- the age range–3-6 years old/ 2-5 years old–is totally accurate. Both Cora (4 yrs) and Owen (5 yrs) are really engaged when watching;
- the length of each show is perfect–about 30 minutes for each DVD is all kids need;
- the variety of math skills covered in Numbers Ahoy is fab–number recognition, counting, and estimation;
- the variety of literacy skills covered in The Amazing Alphabet Amusement Park is perfect—the alphabet, upper and lowercase letters, and rhyming;
- the extras on the DVD’s–LeapFrog’s not stopping at one 30 minute show–they give us a few extra features including a curriculum commentary for parents;
- the price–$14.98 each is not too high in my book;
- the songs are actually really catchy, really fun, and really easy for kids to learn.
- that the songs weren’t so darn catchy–it’s embarrassing to sing these songs at the grocery store or when your kids aren’t around;
- that these shows might someday be adapted for tv–maybe? please?
GIVEAWAY: A set of TWO LeapFrog DVD’s–The Amazing Alphabet Amusement Park & Numbers Ahoy!
Do you want to win your very own set of TWO LeapFrog DVD’s??
- Leave a comment here (along with your email address) simply sharing why your family–or students!–needs these LeapFrog DVD’s.
For extra entries,
- Share this post with a friend (just tell me who you shared it with!)
- ‘Like’ the teach mama on Facebook or subscribe to teach mama
- Tweet this: Win 2 @LeapFrog DVD’s on @teachmama — learning, songs, and fun! http://teachmama.com/?p=1745 #weteach #ece #giveaway
This contest ends on Friday, April 29, 2011 at midnight ET and is open to US residents only.
fyi: Many thanks to our friends at LeapFrog for providing us with two of the mentioned DVD’s for Maddy, Owen, and Cora to try. This is an unsponsored post, and my opinions are all my own, influenced only by my three little ones. I chose to write about these DVD’s and facilitate this giveaway because I liked the product that much. LeapFrog is providing one teach mama reader with two free DVD’s.