I will be the first to admit, that I’m totally not a tv person.
When my husband suggested years ago that we make the (then) huuuuuge decision to purchase a dvr, I really had to be convinced. Close to ten years ago, I vividly recall my husband saying to me Really, imagine the amount of money we’ll save when we have kids. We’ll never have to buy kids’ videos because we can record them right from the tv. Ame, it’s going to be awesome.
I’m sure I rolled my eyes and in complete disbelief that he’d actually pulled this as a convincing factor and told him Sure, if it means that much to you that you’re talking about saving money on kids’ videos and we don’t even have kids yet–and I’m not even pregnant–then yes, let’s get one.
Two years later we had Maddy, the year after that, Owen entered our lives, and the year after that, little Cora came a bouncin’ in. And yes, before we knew it, we were up to our eyeballs in children’s programming.
Fast forward to the present. Since that time, we’ve tried every tv, phone, and internet service under the sun, only to land safely in the arms of Verizon Fios about three years ago. Essentially, Verizon Fios is a advanced fiber optic technology lets you watch HDTV with less interruptions, pixelation (a messed up screen image), or weather interference, and it’s connected directly into your home.
Since we’ve connected with Verizon Fios, our lives have never been the same.
It sounds so totally bogus, but it’s true.
This New For Us Friday I have the opportunity to happily–wholeheartedly, honestly, and quite excitedly–share why Verizon Fios totally rocks our house.
- Verizon Fios Rocks: It does. It rocks for dozens of reasons, but for us–for our house–it rocks for these reasons:
I heart Verizon Fios because they’re helping my kiddos to read. Seriously!
- Verizon Fios helps my kids learn to read. Not. Joking. While I’m searching through the select few programs I record for Maddy, Owen, and Cora, my kids are watching the screen, encouraging me to choose the program they want: It’s my day! I want Dinosaur Train–yes, right, there it is, Mom! And I want the new one–the Smart Dinosaur one–yes, right there! If we’re searching for a new program, they’ll call out the letters as I choose them in the search box. I’ll say, Okay, we’re looking for Design Squad Nation (or Sid the Science Kid or whatever). What sound do you hear first? What letter makes that sound? (You get the idea. . . ) I love it. I’ll take a little sneaky learning anywhere I can get it. Thanks, Verizon.
- Verizon Fios doesn’t cramp my style. It doesn’t cut into my day’s schedule in any way, shape, or form. I never rush home by 4 o’clock to catch Oprah. My kids don’t drop what they’re doing at 5 pm to watch Sesame Street; we watch it when we’re ready. The shows I want to record are recorded. I can catch up on Oprah on solo nights or American Idol on date nights with my hubby. The internet is up and running when I need it. Movie night? With a click of a few buttons–either on the laptop or on the tv screen, we have a movie that we don’t have to worry about returning. With Verizon’s absolutely incredible Flex View, we can watch shows on the tv, laptop, or my phone. Anywhere, any time. It’s so cool, it’s nuts.
- Verizon Fios internet is lightening fast. I mean fast. I don’t wait for search engines to load, and I don’t have the time. I am an insanely busy mom of three who freelances and blogs and needs her internet up and running on a dime. Because if the kids are resting for that precious 45 minutes a day, then my internet better get me where I need to go quickly. And it does.
- Verizon Fios TV widgets feeds my Twitter and Facebook fix. Even when I’m away from my phone or laptop. I’m drying my hair, putting on makeup, and getting ready for the day, aaaaand, I can say hello to the Twitterverse or my Facebook pals during Today Show commercials. On my tv screen, big and happy and right there.
- Verizon Fios customer service rocks the house. No joke. I totally can’t say this about every tv/internet/ phone provider, but I can say it about Verizon. I like them. Real people answer the phone when I call. I don’t sit on hold for 18 hours only to be disconnected by some tired, angry operator who hates his job and can’t fix my problem. Whether it’s billing, connection, or internet questions, someone’s there to help me. Someone who knows what he or she is talking about and someone who can get to the bottom of the issue. And if I want, I can Tweet with my Verizon friends via @VerizonSupport or @Verizon or @VZWSupport. I like that.
I’m totally not trying to sell you anything in this New For Us Friday post; I’m simply sharing why I think Verizon Fios rocks because SocialMoms is doing a campaign with them, and I jumped on it because writing this was easy–I think this company does rock and so does my family.
So if it’s available where you are, go for it.
fyi: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Verizon FiOS sponsored blogging program. Any views, opinions or experiences expressed are my own. For more information on how you can participate, click here.