The fall is such a fabulous time for bringing learning outdoors.
The leaves are changing, the temperatures are cooler. Those pesky mosquitoes are slowly disappearing. Kids can still run outdoors without a coat; the winter hats and scarves can stay packed away for a few more weeks.
Whether it’s at parks, nature centers, or in your own backyard, the opportunities for hands-on learning outside are endless. Often children’s most meaningful experiences happen outdoors, and we want to hear what you do to make outdoor learning fun and memorable.
But how? What are some ways you bring learning outdoors?
And do you know ways to incorporate really important conservation messages into outdoor learning?
- Outdoor Learning and Conservation–Chat with Expert Educators and Georgia-Pacific: We will be sharing some rockstar ways of bringing learning outdoors next Monday, October 14, 2013.
Please join our good friends from Georgia-Pacific along with three super-awesome expert educators, Jacquie Fisher and me as we brave the twitterverse for a bit on Monday and really breakdown the ‘how-to’s of bringing the fun learning outdoors.
Here’s the skinny. . .
We’ll be chatting in honor of World Teachers’ Day which took place on October 5th.
We’ll be sharing outdoor learning & conservation ideas. Prizes? yes. Georgia-Pacific product packs. (Remember, Georgia-Pacific is the manufacturer of paper products like Brawny Towels, Dixie, and more.
Monday, 10.14.13, 9-10pm ET
RSVP to let us know you’ll be there & please leave your email so Georgia-Pacific can keep you in on the exciting changes coming with the educational resources on their site!
Join us for a twitter event with amazing parents and teachers and some really special guests and prizes!
Who: Parents, teachers, caregivers, expert panelists, and YOU!
Twitter Event Hosts:
- Georgia-Pacific: @GeorgiaPacific
What: a twitter event on Monday, October 14, 2013, 9-10pm ET
- to celebrate World Teachers Day
- to share outdoor education resources, ideas, techniques
- to bring awareness to Georgia-Pacific’s conservation education resources
- to promote Georgia-Pacific’s pinterest sweepstakes: bit.ly/GBg4mO
Where: Twitter! (we like to use http://twubs.com/GPTeachersDay/) #GPTeachersDay
When: Monday, 10.14.13 from 9-10 pm ET
- Before the event, rsvp here: http://bit.ly/gpteachers1013
- On 10.14.13, log onto twitter
- Follow the hashtag #GPTeachersDay & #weteach (we always use the #weteach tag!)
- Tweet, re-tweet (RT), and tweet some more!
- Share YOUR favorite links and resources for outdoor learning and conservation!
We’ll be covering these topics:
- best ways to bring learning outdoors during the fall
- most innovative & exciting ways to take learning outdoors
- small things that help teach kids conservation at home & school
- resources or creative ideas for teaching conservation
- challenges you face in trying to teach conservation to young children
- what we need from businesses to make it easier to bring conservation to the classroom
Want the twitter help? Check out our twitter event how-to!
We look forward to chatting with you on Monday, October 14th, from 9-10pm ET
RSVP here to let us know you’ll be there and so you can WIN some sweet prize packs from Georgia-Pacific: http://bit.ly/gpteachers1013
Have a question for one of our expert hosts or sponsors? Let us know!