There are a few things I feel strongly about when it comes to reading:
- Books should be all over the house, not just stuck in one spot.
- Books should cover all forms of media–audio, video, you name it.
- Books should be read at all times of the day.
- Books should be well-used and well-loved.
- Books should be shared.
- Books should be taken on trips.
That last one, Books should be taken on trips, is a big one.
Books should be taken on all trips–not just big, let’s-pack-a-suitcase kinda trips. But all trips. Books should be taken on short trips, long trips, car trips and bus trips.
Really and truly.
Check it out:
Here you go: (click on the image to find the post!)
What burning questions do you have about reading or literacy? I’d love to hear them so that I can (hopefully!) address the topic during one of the videos.
Just leave it below, and I’ll do what I can to cover it. Looking forward to this!
Follow along wherever works best for you, my friends, with the hashtag #RaiseAReader —
- follow daily on YouTube;
- follow daily on Snapchat;
- follow daily on Facebook;
- follow daily on Twitter;
- follow daily on Instagram.
Cheers, and happy reading during this incredibly exciting journey!
Want a few more early literacy or alphabet activities? Check out:
- backyard alphabet hunt
- homemade alphabet book
- leafy letter learning
- ABC hunt
- on the road ABC hunt
- lowercase ABC hunt
- build your own bingo: uppercase and lowercase match
- ABC cards and clothespin match
- alphabet letter splash
- alphabingo (play with lowercase letters)
- alphabet letter lids
- leafy outdoor alphabet hunt
- build your own board game
- clothespin letter match
- 10 fun ways to learn the alphabet
Follow us on pinterest, and check out our literacy pins: