First of all: What is Red Nose Day?
You might vaguely recall seeing people wearing silly, red clown noses in the name of raising money for children in poverty? That’s Red Nose Day!
Red Nose Day really makes a difference in children’s lives.
And what’s the Red Nose Day Joke-Ha-Thon?
The Joke-Ha-Thon gives students the chance to tell—and sell—their best jokes in their classrooms, schools and communities to spread some much-needed joy and raise some life-changing cash.
Why am I all into this? Because JOKES are PERFECT for writing and reading!!
Here’s the skinny, friends. . .
Get Involved in Red Nose Day’s Joke-Ha-Thon and Make a Difference in Children’s Lives
I LOVED having my students read jokes each and every day.
Sure, they read a lot of things in my class, but when I was teaching reading, no matter the day, students would read jokes.
At the end of the day, when students lined up to leave class, the Joke-Reader would choose a joke from a joke book or from the joke basket, and he or she would read it. That way, every, single student would leave the class with a smile!
Reading jokes is high-interest, fun, and really great way of encouraging kids to read. I love this fundraiser not only because the resources from Scholastic ROCK, but because this fundraiser supports a GREAT cause.
Learn more about Red Nose Day:
Fast facts about Red Nose Day
Really, Red Nose Day gives everyone an excuse to look a little silly in the name of a good cause. You’ll start to see celebs left and right donning their red noses soon—I promise!
But more importantly, Red Nose Day makes a difference in children’s lives.
- Red Nose Day is on a mission to end child poverty
- In 4 years, they’ve raised over $150 million to help end child poverty
- Money raised has impacted over 16 million children in the US and around the world
- 960K+ children received educational services
- 13M+ children received essential medical services
- 75K+ homeless and street children received shelter
- 36M+ meals provided to hungry American children
- 1/2 the money raised will help children in America
- Programs supported are in all 50 states and Puerto Rico
- The other 1/2 of the money raised goes to the poorest communities in Latin America, Asia, and Africa
Get involved in Red Nose Day’s Joke-Ha-Thon in 3 quickie steps:
- Register (super easy!)
- Get ready to JOKE!
Or, if you’d rather listen to hilarious and talented Kate Mckinnon explain how easy this can be, go ahead:
Check out these awesome (FREE!) classroom resources:
You know that this kind of stuff makes me want to dance. I love these resources.
They’ve been created by the good people at Scholastic, so you know they’re top-notch.
Want to take a look at our team?
You better believe we’ve got a team!
It was super easy to set up, too. Just go to Start Fundraising and click on what works for you!
If you want to join our team, you’re welcome to! Here it is: Mascott’s Jokesters.
It’s that simple!
When you share a joke . . .
My goal is that anyone who donates to our team (and you know that any little amount helps!) will simply share a joke on social media tagging me:
- Instagram: @teachmama1
- Twitter: @teachmama
- Facebook: /teachmama
- and using the #RedNoseDay #MascottsJokesters
I’ll not only embed the jokes here, but I’ll give shoutouts of thanks to the great people who share and/or donate along with a few random prizes as well. HOW fun is that?!
Jokes worth checking out:
Here’s where all the jokes shared on social media will be! (Stay tuned!)
If you love jokes, check out these posts:
Want a look at all of our lunchbox looooove notes? Here they are:
- Wordless Riddles lunchbox notes
- Halloween Jokes lunchbox notes
- Hidden Pictures lunchbox notes
- Disney Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Budgie Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Happy, Happy Day lunchbox notes
- Homemade lunchbox notes
- Parent Notes for lunchbox or anywhere
- Holiday Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- More Holiday lunchbox notes
- Valentine’s Day Knock-Knock joke lunchbox notes
- St. Patty’s Day Joke lunchbox notes
- Springtime lunchbox love notes
- Super-Sweet lunchbox love notes
Leave a Reply