Have you taken the pledge to make it a Smart Summer? We hope so!!
Show us what you’ve been doing this week, and you can win $150 at Rosie Hippo!
I’ve been sharing my family’s Smart Summer activities this week:
- word a day cards, set 2 — and getting the whole family involved
- park explorer playkits – backyard exploring made fun
- garden stepping stones — beautifying our yard and garden
- baby house wrens — learning, loving, and leaving the nest
- flower fun — dissecting, examining, and learning about flowers
Share YOUR ideas! We’d love for you to share your ideas–you can add a link to a post on your blog or even a photo set on Flickr or any types of publicly viewable “journal” entry on a social media or community site.
Not a blogger? If you do not have access to posting entries on any public site, you can also leave a comment on this post, sharing the learning opportunities you incorporated into your week with your children.
Your post (or comment) can be something from your archives that speaks to our theme for the week (Me on the Map) or it can just be a general post about how you are fitting fun learning into your summer activities. You can find our weekly themes on our calendar of ideas but ANY learning activities, big or small, are welcomed!
Just add your link(s) (as many relevant links as you would like) to a specific post or page (i.e. http://teachmama.com/2011/06/smart-summer-challenge-make-summer-learning-f-u-n.html NOT http://teachmama.com) to the link widget below.
Every link you enter in the widget below (or your comment) during the week will also enter you to win our AWESOME prize of the week: $150 to spend at Rosie Hippo!
At Rosie Hippo, you will find beautifully handcrafted wooden toys, made from organic fabrics, toys from individuals, companies, villages, and cooperatives around the world, and books and games that stimulate creativity and independent thought. We offer toys that will evoke a sense of fun, curiosity, and wonder for that special little one in your life. And all of our toys are produced under conditions that are fair to workers and kind to our environment. Kim Bloom runs Rosie Hippo, inspired by her successful battle with cancer, her son Ethan’s delightful curiosity, and her interest in child development. Read more of her ideas on her blog.
Want to know what’s on my Rosie Hippo wish list? We’d looove the Foozeball Table, the Marble Whacker, the wooden scale, or the kids’ monocular. LOVE this stuff!
- The linky & giveaway closes at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, July 21. and then we’ll see you back Friday morning for more fun!
- You may enter as many links as you wish and each will count as an entry.
- Comment entries are limited to one per person.
- US Shipping only for prizes, due to sponsor requests, but international friends are still encouraged to play and add their links!
- Winner will be chosen at random from valid entries.
- You retain the rights to all entries but grant us permission to share your links along with a short excerpt and thumbnail entry.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries at our sole discretion and change the rules or prizes without notification beyond updating the page.
Spread the Word!
Sport a button: Please feel free to link back and/or grab the code for the Smart Summer Challenge button (on the right sidebar) to show every parent the impact they have on their child’s learning–and how easy it can be to make summer learning sneaky and fun!
Visit us on Facebook: Feel free to also post photos, questions, and ideas — http://www.facebook.com/smartsummerchallenge.
Tweet: I’m making it a #smartsummer thanks to the Smart Summer Challenge! http://teachmama.com/?p=3361 #weteach #ece
Know that we LOVE you!
Thank you for taking the Smart Summer Challenge!
Candace at NaturallyEducational.com, Amy at teachmama.com, MaryLea at PinkAndGreenMama
fyi: Huuuuge thanks to our friends at Rosie Hippo for providing this week’s giveaway prize and showing how much they value a parent’s role in summer learning!