Have you taken the pledge to make it a Smart Summer? We hope so!!
Show us what you’ve been doing this past week, and you can win a HUGE prize pack from our friends at LeapFrog!
I’ve been sharing my family’s Smart Summer activities this week:
- getting ready for kindergarten — summertime prep
- visiting a local theater — wolf trap’s theater-in-the-woods
- alphabet letter splash — keeping cool with the abc’s
- how to teach kids to search the web — read, research, evaluate
- breakfast time reading — cereal boxes and more
Share YOUR ideas! We’d love for you to share your ideas–you can add a link to a post on your blog or even a photo set on Flickr or any types of publicly viewable “journal” entry on a social media or community site.
Not a blogger? If you do not have access to posting entries on any public site, you can also leave a comment on this post, sharing the learning opportunities you incorporated into your week with your children.
Your post (or comment) can be something from your archives that speaks to our theme for the week (Forest Friendly Fun) or it can just be a general post about how you are fitting fun learning into your summer activities. You can find our weekly themes on our calendar of ideas but ANY learning activities, big or small, are welcomed!
Just add your link(s) (as many relevant links as you would like) to a specific post or page (i.e. http://teachmama.com/2011/06/smart-summer-challenge-make-summer-learning-f-u-n.html NOT http://teachmama.com) to the link widget below.
Every link you enter in the widget below (or your comment) during the week will also enter you to win our AWESOME prize of the week: $230+ worth of LeapFrog games and toys!
We are totally in love with LeapFrog over here–we have the Explorer and Tag and Tag Junior and the US Map-and I firmly believe in these products because they make learning fun and engaging for kids. LeapFrog knows the value of helping children establish a strong literacy and math foundation, and their products do just that.
In this week’s prize pack, the winner will receive this CRAZY, fabulous assortment of products:
- 1 Leapster Explorer
- 2 Leapster Explorer games
- 1 Tag Reader
- 2 Tag Reader Books
- Tag US and World Maps
- The linky & giveaway closes at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, July 28. –so you can enter any time between now and the 28th–and then we’ll see you back Friday morning for more fun!
- You may enter as many links as you wish and each link will count as an entry.
- Comment entries are limited to one per person.
- US Shipping only for prizes, due to sponsor requests, but international friends are still encouraged to play and add their links!
- Winner will be chosen at random from valid entries.
- You retain the rights to all entries but grant us permission to share your links along with a short excerpt and thumbnail entry.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries at our sole discretion and change the rules or prizes without notification beyond updating the page.
Spread the Word!
Sport a button: Please feel free to link back and/or grab the code for the Smart Summer Challenge button (on the right sidebar) to show every parent the impact they have on their child’s learning–and how easy it can be to make summer learning sneaky and fun!
Visit us on Facebook: Feel free to also post photos, questions, and ideas — http://www.facebook.com/smartsummerchallenge.
Tweet: I’m making it a #smartsummer thanks to the Smart Summer Challenge and @leapfrog ! http://teachmama.com/?p=3362 #weteach #ece
Know that we LOVE you!
Thank you for taking the Smart Summer Challenge!
fyi: Huuuuge thanks to LeapFrog for providing this week’s giveaway prize and showing how much they value a parent’s role in summer learning!