I can’t believe it’s week 5 of the Smart Summer Challenge!
Summer is zooming by–oh, no!!
Time to link up and WIN! Show us what you’ve been doing, and you can win $200 to use at Guidecraft!
I’ve been sharing my family’s Smart Summer activities this week (and they really weren’t all that theme-related–it doesn’t matter what you do as long as you’re doing something!)–
- museum of natural history— keeping cool and learning along the way
- learning during read-alouds –questioning, connecting, and sibling love
- ice experiments — quick driveway science
- a fish out of water — games to play with sight words
Share YOUR ideas! We’d love for you to share your ideas–you can add a link to a post on your blog or even a photo set on Flickr or any types of publicly viewable “journal” entry on a social media or community site.
Not a blogger? If you do not have access to posting entries on any public site, you can also leave a comment on this post, sharing the learning opportunities you incorporated into your week with your children.
Your post (or comment) can be something from your archives that speaks to our theme for the week (Me on the Map) or it can just be a general post about how you are fitting fun learning into your summer activities. You can find our weekly themes on our calendar of ideas but ANY learning activities, big or small, are welcomed!
Just add your link(s) (as many relevant links as you would like) to a specific post or page (i.e. http://teachmama.com/2011/06/smart-summer-challenge-make-summer-learning-f-u-n.html NOT http://teachmama.com) to the link widget below.
Every link you enter in the widget below (or your comment) during the week will also enter you to win our AWESOME prize of the week: $200 to use on a purchase from Guidecraft! (I have my eye on the amazing puppet theater, the magneatos, the art cart, or the basic table and chairs. But don’t get me wrong–I love it all!)
For over 40 years, Guidecraft’s educational kids toys, arts & crafts, and kids room furniture have delighted kids and parents alike. Developmental toys, from building blocks to award-winning Magneatos encourage open-ended educational play.
- The linky & giveaway closes at 11:59 PM EST on Thursday, August 4 and then we’ll see you back Friday morning for HUGE fun–our last link-up of the Smart Summer Challenge!
- You may enter as many links as you wish and each will count as an entry.
- Comment entries are limited to one per person.
- US Shipping only for prizes, due to sponsor requests, but international friends are still encouraged to play and add their links!
- Winner will be chosen at random from valid entries.
- You retain the rights to all entries but grant us permission to share your links along with a short excerpt and thumbnail entry.
- We reserve the right to disqualify entries at our sole discretion and change the rules or prizes without notification beyond updating the page.
Spread the Word!
Sport a button: Please feel free to link back and/or grab the code for the Smart Summer Challenge button (on the right sidebar) to show every parent the impact they have on their child’s learning–and how easy it can be to make summer learning sneaky and fun!
Tweet: I’m making it a #smartsummer thanks to the Smart Summer Challenge! http://teachmama.com/?p=3363 #weteach #ece
Know that we LOVE you!
Thank you for taking the Smart Summer Challenge!
Candace at NaturallyEducational.com, MaryLea at PinkAndGreenMama, and me!
fyi: Huuuuge thanks to Guidecraft for providing this week’s giveaway prize and showing how much they value a parent’s role in summer learning!