little kids at home this summer!!
(That would be almost everyone I know. . . )
Looking for a fun and worthwhile activity for your children? Do you want to get them to write more, read more, and to meet new friends? I sure do!!
Here’s the skinny–
- Super Summer Swap: The “Swap” is a fun way for our children to meet new friends this summer. Participants will assemble a little package over the summer and then send it off to their “Swap Pals” at the beginning of August.
- needs all participants to register by (YIKES!!) noon tomorrow (6/23/09);
- is open to all children through elementary age;
- will match your child with another child of similar age in a different part of the country;
- asks that you mail your package by August 3;
- asks that you write about your package on your blog (only if you have one!) when you receive it.
The Package should contain a minimum of 3 items from your child. Some items may include: a brochure or postcard from where you live; a lapbook or scrapbook or something handmade; a photograph or drawing by your child; a special gift that will show your child’s new friend a bit about your child’s interest or hobby.
You do not have to spend any money on the package, but if you choose to, it should not exceed $15.00 for the items that are exchanged.
- send your name and email,
- the state where you reside, and
- your child(ren)’s name(s) and age(s) to [email protected]
The more, the merrier–looking forward to assembling our items and cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with. Real-life learning doesn’t get more cool than this–a reason to practice writing, drawing, and collecting items to share with a new friend!