Who isn’t looking for fun, at-home activities for their kids?
And who doesn’t want cool things to do for their bored tweens and teens?
Aren’t we all sick and tired of watching our kids play XBox, Playstation, or PC?
Am I the only one feeling defeated when I see our teenagers are raking in 4, 6, 10 hours a day on their devices?
Please tell me I’m not the only parent carrying loads of guilt when I extend Screen Time Limits one. more. time?!
Friend, it’s hard to be a parent right now. Heck, it’s hard to be a human right now.
So after much thought and deliberation, after many falls and many wrong turns, I decided to do something about this bored-tween, bored-teen, electronic-addicted world we live in. I decided to create an activity pack that kids would want to do.
Here’s the skinny. . .
Fun At-Home Activities for Bored Tweens and Teens (Really ANY Kid!)
Were you around when I ran the Smart Summer Challenge? I did it with my kids for years and years and years.
And I think I hosted the challenge here on teachmama.com for close to 8 or 9 years. YEARS.
The Smart Summer Challenge Years
My focus with the Smart Summer Challenge was always the same: to make learning a natural part of my kids’ every day–something that the kids actually want to do.
I never created full-day summertime mom-camps. I know there are plenty of places you can get that kind of thing, and I know some really great people who do that. Honestly, I love my kids and love the summer, but I didn’t want to spend all day engrossed in activities with my kids.
The Smart Summer Challenge was simple. It was all about giving kids something fun and exciting to do each day. On their own time.
That’s it. So I had a job to do: put out something cool for my kids to do.
And they had a job: find time throughout the day to work on the activity.
And the s.m.a.r.t. boost was born
I wanted to create something that kids could do any time of the year that they wanted–not just in the summer.
And I wanted something that would ‘boost’ their brains in fun and clever ways. I wanted something that kids would be excited to do and would choose to do–instead of reaching for their electronics.
So? The s.m.a.r.t. boost packs were born!
How does the s.m.a.r.t. boost work? Simple.
Each boost pack challenges YOU (the adult in charge!) to provide your kids with engaging, exciting opportunities for stem, movement, arts, reading, and thinking—that they complete on their own time.
All the activities are in the s.m.a.r.t. boost packs. I gathered everything.
All you have to do is set them out each day!
Any time throughout the day when your kids feel compelled, they complete the activity.
Everyone’s different. Some of us are more motivated in the morning. Some of us are highest energy in the afternoon or evening. Kids will explore the activity when they are able. Make sure they show you, or the adult in charge, their creations!
Tell me more about the s.m.a.r.t. boost packs
This is the s.m.a.r.t. boost Varsity 1 & Varsity 2 versions.
The s.m.a.r.t. boost is just that–a ‘boost’ for your kids’ brains.
The idea is that the boost is something that families can put out on a table or counter every single day (or any time they need it!) for their kids, and whenever the child is moved to jump in, he does.
- a set of specially curated and specifically designed activities;
- absolutely perfect for long summer days, weekends, mornings, afternoons, or evenings–any time of the year!
- geared toward kids ages 8-14+ yrs old;
- an opportunity for kids to work at their own pace, on their own time;
- a great reason to collaborate as a family, learning something new or creating a project together;
- focused on ‘boosting’ kids in s.m.a.r.t. areas: stem, movement, art, reading, & thinking;
- 10 ‘packs’ of activities, each containing a main info sheet, multiple resources, videos, & more;
- available digitally AND pdf hardcopy: it’s on Google Slides, so you can set it up on your student’s tablet or iPad AND hardcopy–it can be printed out and be completely tech-free;
- packed with activities that are: varied, unique, new, old, refreshed, familiar, unfamiliar, simple, involved, challenging, and easy-breezy;
- available all year long;
- kid-tested and teacher-approved!
The s.m.a.r.t. boost is NOT:
- a summer ‘camp’;
- an online babysitter;
- a replacement for online school;
- a random assortment of crafts, worksheets, or youtube videos;
- a spammy, ad-filled, thrown-together mix of junk from the internet;
- a waste of your time or money!
What’s the cost? (click images below to head to shop)
- s.m.a.r.t. boost Varsity 1 = $14.49
- s.m.a.r.t. boost Varsity 2 = $14.49
- s.m.a.r.t. boost BUNDLE = $24.49
Here’s a look at s.m.a.r.t. boost Varsity 1
Here’s a look at s.m.a.r.t. boost Varsity 2
Here’s a link to grab both boost packs!
Try the s.m.a.r.t. boost for FREE and see how you like it!
The s.m.a.r.t. boost FREE is EVERYTHING that the full version is, but:
- 5 vs 10 activities;
- only about half of the printables vs 24+ in other versions;
- a little taste of the awesome vs the full-fledged awesome!
Give it a try–click the link above!