We’ve had a busy week last week, playing around with PBS and Super WHY!, so I wasn’t even able to give out a holla to my friend Jo-Lynne who is helping me re-vamp my little bloggy-blog. For the next few days, we’ll be trying new things in an attempt to get better organized, more beautiful, and user-friendly. I’m so excited. It’s like I’ve found a great new pair of shoes, and I can’t wait to wear ’em!
It’s about time I share some blog love given to me–it was actually handed down to me by two people (I’m so grateful and lucky!). One, back in April, was from Tech Savvy Mama, whose goal on her site is to help parents “navigate the overwhelming world of technology and provide the best that exists for their children”. She has fantastic advice for parents, awesome giveaways, a resume I could only ever dream of having, and a super blog. To top it all off, she’s just an all-around cool teacher chick who is on my “daily read” list. Thanks, Leticia!
The second person to hand over the award to me is Storytime and more, whose blog is gorgeous and who has great posts on stories to read in conjunction with activities for your kiddos. There are links to tons of free printables, math activities, literature activities–you name it. It’s great. Thank you!
There are tons of fantastic blogs out there, but here are just a few I read regularly and who are now receiving the Sisterhood Award:
- Explorations. . . Denise does some really cool things with her daughters, and I’ve used a bunch here already. I love how she reminded me about grid games, materials for writing centers, and super-easy ways of file sharing. Thanks so much, Denise!
- Adventures of a Flake. . . “BranFlakes” always seems to find fun and meaningful activities to do with her two children and the one she babysits daily, and I read her regularly to find out what she’s doing over there and what I can use at my house! Thank you, too, BranFlakes!
- Pink and Green Mama. . . This elementary-school art teacher-turned stay-at-home mom’s blog is absolutely beautiful. Every comment I leave has “love” in it because I love, love, love everything she posts. This blog–and the activities this mom does with her girls–makes me smile and is definitely one I read regularly. Thank you!
- Supermom Central. . . Lauren over at SC is just that–a Super Mom of 3 kiddos whose site is full of everything a mom needs–advice and posts on being Savvy, Hip, Rockin’, Crafty, Brainy, Earthy, Mindful, Healthy, and Trippin’. She’s a great writer and I love to see what she’s got going on over there! Thanks, Lauren!
- ABC and 123. . . I totally, completely heart the Katies (two friends, both named Katie) who started this blog. I read it daily because it’s an amazing resource for parents who want to do cool stuff with their kiddos. It’s a learning co-op, where readers submit teaching ideas that fall under certain categories, and then if they fit, they’re posted! They’ve got it all–and it all rocks. Thanks, Katies!
- One Crafty Place. . . is another one of my favorites because Chrissy is one crafty chick who has it all on her site. She has two little ones herself and scours the internet for fun and beautiful crafts that people have done and shares what she does herself. I love this site, love even more trying to figure out what we can use over here, and look forward to seeing what’s going on every day. Thank you, Chrissy!!
Please email me, friends, for the html so you can add this button to your sites, and for all my other pals, happy reading! We’re back to our normal fun here tomorrow! Cheers–