I’m thrilled to be partnering with Advancement Courses, a leader in K-12 professional development with over 280 online courses in 20 different subject areas.
Professional development for educators is more important than ever, so I’m totally thrilled that we’re continuing our partnership with Advancement Courses in 2022!
In this ever-changing world, so much rests on the shoulders of our teachers, specialists, support staff, and administrators.
That’s why it’s so important to have a group of educators who connect every few weeks to have open, honest conversations about struggles and successes in and out of the classroom. We want to make sure that educators know they’re not alone, that they’re seen and heard, and that supports and resources exist and are available to them.
What is the teACh Team?
The Advancement Courses teACh Team is a group of educators who are passionate about Professional development and who want to spread the word about meaningful, relevant, and worthwhile continued learning. Each month, the teACh team shares timely information via their platforms and events with educators around the world; many of these events are live, and collaboration and conversation are welcome!
The teACh Team has been in existence for over four years now. Each year, the team gets better and our outreach events get more meaningful and impactful.
Stay in touch with Advancement Courses and follow the teACh Team:
- Advancement Courses on Instagram: @AdvancementCourses
- Advancement Courses on Facebook: @AdvancementCourses
- Advancement Courses on Twitter: @AdvanceTeaching
- Advancement Courses on Pinterest: @AdvancementCour
Take a course–use my code for 15% off
Thinking about taking a continuing education course? DO IT!
This year, we have great events planned for the teACh Team.
The most awesome thing is that YOU are invited to each and every teACh Team event!
Events in March
- Tuesday, March 22: teACh Team Kick-Off! Starting at 8 p.m. ET on Facebook, join me with Todd Nesloney, Kayla Dornfeld, and Juan Edgar Gonzales, Jr. live where we’ll be chatting about new courses being offered and which courses we have taken in the past.
- March 11-20: Play in Advancement Courses’ Tournament of Teachers bracket challenge for a chance to win $2,000 in prizes!”
Events in April
- Wednesday, April 6: Todd and Amy Facebook Live, 8 p.m. ET [topic = Leading Post Pandemic: How does school leadership look different?]
- Monday, April 11: Kayla and Amy Instagram Live, 8 p.m. ET [topic = Achieving work-life harmony in teaching—is it possible?]
- Tuesday, April 26: Amy will chat with a subject matter expert, 8 p.m. ET —> Helping Students Overcome Trauma: Lina Acosta Sandall
Events in May
- Monday, May 2: Teacher Appreciation Week Giveaway! Check out the Instagram post on @advancementcourses for more info!
- Monday, May 9: Juan and Amy Instagram Live, 8 p.m. ET. [topic = 3 must-have books for every elementary classroom]
- Wednesday, May 16: Juan, Kayla and Amy Facebook Live, 8 p.m. ET [topic = Where do we go from here? What do teachers need in order to stay in this profession?]
Events in June
- Monday, June 6: Amy and guest educator Facebook Live, 8 p.m. ET [topic = Cultural Competency in Special Education]
Events in July
- Tuesday, July 12: Todd and Advancement Courses, Facebook Live, 8 p.m. ET
Events in August
- Dates TBD: Submit your DonorsChoose project for funding consideration through Advancement Courses’ Every Classroom Counts campaign!
Meet the teACh Team
Welcome, Kayla Dornfeld, of Top Dog Teaching
Kayla Dornfeld is the 2020 Top Educator of the Year, and the 2019 North Dakota Teacher of the Year. Kayla is a two-time (2017 and 2018) Global Hundred honoree, recognizing her as 1 of the top 100 innovative educators in the world. The New York Times named her “one of the tech-savviest teachers in the United States”.
She has 14 years of teaching experience in second grade, third grade, and kindergarten. Kayla holds her master’s degree in Elementary Education from the University of North Dakota. In September 2018, she received the University of North Dakota Sioux Award, the highest honor of achievement offered by her University.
In 2021, she was named the “Youth Volunteer of the Year” by St. Jude Hospital.
Read more about Kayla here.
Follow Kayla on social:
- Instagram: @topdogteaching
- Twitter: @topdogteaching
- Facebook: @topdogteaching
- Kayla’s student-led social media accounts: @topdogkids
So glad to have you, Todd Nesloney, Tech Ninja Todd
Todd is passionate about education and innovation. Todd was a classroom teacher for 7 years before taking the leap straight from classroom teacher to campus principal in Navasota, Texas. Todd took over a struggling campus, brought in a brand new staff, and used his creative ideas to transform a campus. Todd Nesloney is now the Director of Culture and Strategic Leadership at the Texas Elementary Principals and Supervisors Association (TEPSA). He is an award winning author for his work in co-authoring Kids Deserve It! and Sparks in the Dark. Read more about Todd here.
Connect with Todd on social:
thrilled to have Juan Edgar Gonzales, Jr., of Teaching 3rd With Mr. G
Juan Edgar Gonzalez Jr. is an elementary public school teacher in Dickinson, Texas. Since he was a kid, he knew teaching would be a future chapter in his life. If you were to rummage through old family photos, you’d quickly find pictures of Juan holding a book or attempting to teach his younger brothers something new. Juan pursued this dream and obtained a B.A. in interdisciplinary studies at the University of Houston.
With over ten years of classroom experience in first, second, and third grade, he has learned that in order to create a nurturing classroom experience, educators must put students before everything else they do in the classroom. Juan believes that educators are most successful when we listen to what students need and who they are.
In the last few years, Juan has used social media to share ideas and his love for literacy with other educators. This platform has given Juan opportunities to travel around the world to visit schools, blog for publishing media giant Scholastic Inc., and speak at various education conferences. His mission through this work is to spotlight the great work all educators are doing in classrooms and to inspire everyone to read more books.
Get connected with Juan on social:
Meet Amy Mascott, (me!)
Just head to my About Page if you really want to know anything about me!
Check out my other posts about Advancement Courses:
Click the image to read the post!
fyi: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Forever and always I recommend only products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” For more information, please see teachmama media, llc. disclosure policy.