It’s so easy for us to say we want our kids to learn the ABC’s and 123’s before kids hit Kindergarten, but how do we actually do it?
Is there an ideal time to start teaching these all-too-important basics?
What if your kiddo is just not interested in such things? How do you make learning the ABC’s fun?
It’s a lot easier than you may think, and honestly, in my opinion, there’s no time like the present to get rockin’ and rollin’ on helping your kids learn the ABC’s. So whether your child is 6 or 6 months, I’d say get going. Now. And have fun with it.
Start singing, stickering, hunting, painting, and spraying your way to either an alphabet-filled summer.
Here’s the skinny. . .
- 10 Fun Ways of Helping Kids Learn the ABC’s:
3. Celebrate the Letters of Kids’ Names — For the little guys, start with their letter–the first letter of his or her name–and go from there. Find the letter on the cereal box, on signs, in books. Play Family Name Letter Connect. Once they master that, move onto the other letters of the name and then introduce family names.
6. Spray the ABC’s — You heard me. Spray the ABC’s.
8. Sing the ABC Song — Sing that song–c’mon, you know it–same tune as Twinkle, Twinkle and Baa Baa Blacksheep. Sing it all the time. Sing it at bath time, bed time, breakfast time. Sing other songs of course, but make ABC top of the charts. It will help.
Want more? After checking out the links above, visit our Read Aloud Learning Series for some super-easy tips, then check the right sidebar for other topics you need.
Want a few more alphabet activities? Check out:
- backyard alphabet hunt
- homemade alphabet book
- leafy letter learning
- ABC hunt
- on the road ABC hunt
- lowercase ABC hunt
- build your own bingo: uppercase and lowercase match
- ABC cards and clothespin match
- alphabet letter splash
- alphabingo (play with lowercase letters)
- alphabet letter lids
- leafy outdoor alphabet hunt
- build your own board game
- clothespin letter match
- 10 fun ways to learn the alphabet
Follow us on pinterest, and check out our literacy pins: