new for us friday: the trip clip (& giveaway!)
This New For Us Friday I‘m excited to share a super-cool product that our family has become really attached to–especially on our 3 1/2 hour drive to and from Pennsylvania to visit my parents: The Trip Clip.
The Trip Clip has literally given me a smoother ride, a (for the most part!) stress-free, kid-argument-free (seriously!), and altogether more exciting journey for the kids.
And our friends at The Trip Clip have offered to give one teach mama reader his or her very own Trip Clip to try out for free! Woo-hoo!
Here’s why I totally heart The Trip Clip:
- The Trip Clip: The Trip Clip is ‘unplugged’ entertainment for kids. Essentially, it’s a just-their-size clipboard with just-for-you activities clipped on.
We have used our Trip Clips primarily for our long car rides–which we probably have more frequently than other families–but the Trip Clip can be used at home, for everyday activities, too.
Once you log into your Trip Clip account, you get five activities to download and print out. The activities range from lists (think: grocery, to-do, and beyond) to games (alphabet search, dots, sudoku (for kids), bingo, and more!), and puzzles (crosswords, mazes, word searches, etc) to creative (story boards, coloring pages, and license plate design). Access to more activities can be purchased as you go .
Each activity can be saved and customized for each child–and printed and printed and printed to your heart’s content.
We first used our Trip Clips back in the fall, and in our most recent trip to the Keystone State, the number of activities available practically tripled–seriously!! This time, Maddy, Owen, and Cora were literally bouncing off the wall waiting for their turn to choose their printables.
Like always, their ‘car trip backpacks’ were packed days before we left, but this time, their Trip Clips were right on top, packed with activities and were pulled out as we backed out of the driveway. Cora and Owen kept sneaking their Trip Clips out of their packs to color before we left.
Please, my friends, let’s wait until we get on the road to use them, or you won’t have anything to do in the car. I pleaded. Because for me, when I’m driving the kids solo, it’s important that they’re busy, engaged, and occupied. Otherwise, the long ride is more difficult for me.
I also have chosen to keep our Trip Clips ‘special’ for use in out-of-the-house activities. I throw them in my bag when I need to entertain two kids on the sidelines while one is playing soccer, I’ll print out a grocery list while I’m grocery shopping so that whoever is with me can shop along, or I’ll bring them along when I have a short meeting and the kids have to sit quietly for 10 minutes or so.
I totally and completely love them.
. . . long, long, long time and colored so many sheets!
Here’s what we love about The Trip Clip:
- the ease with which we can print activities–our favorites are saved, so printing is super-fast;
- the variety of activities–there’s something for everyone–and then some!;
- the quick, customizable process–with a few clicks, a to-do list is made, grocery list done, or bingo board printed;
- the affordability–each Trip Clip costs $19.95 and the activities are 5 for $4.95–totally d0able for most families;
- the size–6×9 is perfect for little bodies and small hands;
- the pen!–oh, the pen!–four click-back colors, wide-grip, attached to the board (need I say more?);
- the quality–sturdy, strong, and dropped a dozen times–and it’s still ticking!;
- the customer service–Molly (mom and inventor of The Trip Clip) is right there, answering emails and inquiries–love her!)
- that we came up with it first–because it’s just that awesome!!
- that we had it years ago–but we have it now, so thank you, Trip Clip!!
GIVEAWAY: A Trip Clip of your very own!
Do you want to win your very own Trip Clip??
- Leave a comment here (along with your email address) simply sharing how your family will use the Trip Clip.
For extra entries,
- Share this post with a friend (just tell me who you shared it with!)
- ‘Like’ Trip Clip on Facebook
- ‘Like’ the teach mama on Facebook or subscribe to teach mama
- Tweet this: Win a Trip Clip on @teachmama and make spring break travel FUN! http://teachmama.com/?p=1895 #weteach #ece
This contest ends on Friday, April 15, 2011 at midnight ET and is open to US residents only.
fyi: Many thanks to our friends at The Trip Clip for providing us with three Trip Clips for Maddy, Owen, and Cora to try. This is an unsponsored post, and my opinions are all my own, influenced only by my three little travelers. I chose to write about The Trip Clip and facilitate this giveaway because I liked the product that much. The Trip Clip is providing one teach mama reader with a free product.
New For Us Friday LINK-UP: Did you do something new this week? A new food? Watch a new show? Go somewhere different? Give a new product a try? Read a new book? Anything goes!
Link up all week long to a post where you or your family tries something new, out-of-the-ordinary, or exciting. Our goal for New For Us Fridays is to step out of our comfort zone a bit and to get our little ones into the habit of doing the same. If we all share what we’re doing–even if it’s not a success–perhaps we’ll get our kiddos comfy trying something new or stepping out of habit a bit.