Much like our Christmas Guess the Word Game, the New Year’s Eve Guess the Word Game totally rocks.
There you have it.
Plain and simple.
The kids loved playing our holiday version on the way to see their Pennsylvania family this week, so I made another version.
Actually, I made both versions on the same day.
And actually, the kids helped brainstorm words for both.
Here’s the skinny. . .
- New Year’s Eve Guess the Word Game:
The premise is the same for both games, and it’s super-simple.
One person holds up a card with a word on it and tries to guess what it is.
Remember, though, that the card holder does not look at the word.
And everyone else gives one-word clues to help the person guess it.
We often play in a few variations:
- the fewer words it takes to guess, the better;
- the person who can guess the most words in row wins;
- for a challenge: all of the clues must begin with the same letter; or
- all of the clues must rhyme with the word on the card;
- add a timer.
Want to download the cards?
The New Year’s Eve Guess the Word Game is here to download as a pdf if you’d like: new years party word guess game
The last page is blank so you can add your own!
(If you choose to share this post, super! Please just link to this post instead of the attachment page, though! Thank you!)
Keep it simple.
And have fun with it.
And if you change things up a bit, let me know!
Want a few more cool New Year’s Eve activities?
- New Year’s Family Interview
- New Year’s Shakers
- 26 cool, new family traditions
- Affordable New Year’s Eve traditions
- New Year’s Eve Bingo Bonanza