read across america week: resources GALORE!
One of the reading and literacy world’s biggest months is just around the corner, so we’re kicking it off with a fantabulous twitter event–and we want you to join us!
Read Across America Week is the first week of March, beginning with Read Across America Day on March 1.
The Leadership Team over at we teach is hosting a twitter event this Wednesday, February 27, from 8:30- 9:30pm ET, and we’re thrilled that we’ll be joined with some really incredible education rockstars. Celebrities. Famous folk.
Think: tons of lesson plans, crafts, cooking, and learning ideas for how you can ring in Read Across America day in your home or classroom–or home classroom!! And add to that happy thought some really big guns in the education space, and you’ve got yourself a pretty hot event.
Prizes. Plus, there will be prizes. Woot!
Here’s the skinny. . .
- Read Across America Week–Resources GALORE!: After some serious brainstorming about how we could get our forum members really excited about all of the awesome resources out there for reading literacy, Jacquie, our fearless Community Manager, suggested: How about a twitter event?!
And we all agreed: perfect.
So whether you have your own resources to share (super!) or you are searching for some innovative, exciting ways to celebrate Read Across America (cool!), we hope you’ll join us on Wednesday night for a little reading and literacy loooove.
And we’ll be rockin’ some awesome prizes as well!
Join us for a twitter event with we teach members
weteach community managers & celebrity experts
to share resources for teaching and learning on Read Across America Day!
** follow: #weteach #RAA **Who: Parents, teachers, caregivers, expert panelists, and YOU!Hosts:
- Amy Mascott:@teachmama
- Jacquie Fischer:@KCEdventures
- Bernadette Grbic: @Momto2PoshDivas
- Kim Vij: @EducatorsSpin
- International Reading Association: @IRAToday
- Melissa and Doug:@MelissaandDoug
- PBS Parents: @PBSParents
- PBS Kids: @PBSKids
- readwritethink.org: @RWTnow
- Scholastic: @Scholastic
- Scholastic Teachers: @ScholasticTeachWhat: February 27th resource-sharing twitter event!
Why: To enlighten, share, and promote awesome Read Across America Day resources, ideas, and more!
Prizes: 2 Melissa & Doug education-fun packs; 1 PBS festive Cat in the Hat prize pack; 5 $25 Storia gift cards
Where: Twitter! (http://twitter.com) #weteach #RAA
When: Wednesday, 02.27.13 from 8:30-9:30 pm ET
- log onto twitter
- follow the hashtags #weteach #RAA
- tweet, re-tweet (RT), and tweet some more!Helpful hints:
- use TweetChat (http://tweetchat.com/room/weteach) or TweetGrid (http://bit.ly/weteachRAA227event) to make it easier for you
- visit all of our celebrity experts’ sites and bring questions, comments or concerns to the event
- ‘like’ the we teach facebook page so you’re ready for fun
- make sure you are following all of the the hosts and all of the celebrity panelists so you don’t miss a beat!
We’re looking forward to seeing you there–and if you can’t make the event, we’ll have all of the resources listed on a page on the we teach forum. We’ll share the link here!Pin It