For any occasion, books are my go-to gift.
From baby showers to birthdays, graduations from preschool or highschool, for well-wishing or comfort-giving, books are a rockstar way to show people you care.
I’m sharing only a few of our picks here.
Please hop on over to Scholastic’s Raise a Reader to learn more about the books, picks, and ideas.
Here’s the skinny:
- Books as Gifts–Holiday Ideas for Kids:
book sets like:
- Boynton’s Greatest Hits Volume 1 & Volume II
- Llama, Llama Library
- Busload of Pigeons Books, by Mo Willems
- The Paper Bag Princess, by Robert Munsch
- Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?, by Carmella LaVigna Coyle
- Not All Princesses Dress in Pink, by Jane Yolen and Heidi E. Y. Stemple
- Ultimate I-Spy Wii game
- Goosbumps HorrorLand for Nintendo DS
- Magic School Bus Oceans for Nintendo DS
I love the Storia eBook versions of these books for older readers (or check out the hardcopies below):
- I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, by Lauren Tarshis
- 39 Clues: Maze of Bones, by Rick Riordan
- Aquamarine, by Alice Hoffman
- Gregor the Overlander, by Suzanne Collins
- Heartland #1: Coming Home, by Lauren Brooks
book sets like:
- The Magic Treehouse books 1-4, by Mary Pope Osborne
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians, books 1-5, by Rick Riordan
- Encyclopedia Brown books 1-4, by Donald J. Sobol
- Harry Potter boxed set, by J.K. Rowling
Not sure what to get but know for sure your child has some favorite authors, themes, or genres?
Check out Scholstic’s Book Wizard for more recommendations, catered specifically to your loved ones’ needs and levels!
Just a start here, friends. Just a start!
fyi: affililate links are used in this post