For any occasion, books are my go-to gift.
From baby showers to birthdays, graduations from preschool or highschool, for well-wishing or comfort-giving, books are a rockstar way to show people you care.
This holiday, my pal Allie and I have been sharing a ton of our book-giving recommendations over at the Scholastic Raise a Reader blog.
I’m sharing only a few of our picks here.
Please hop on over to Scholastic’s Raise a Reader to learn more about the books, picks, and ideas.
Here’s the skinny:
- Books as Gifts–Holiday Ideas for Kids:
book sets like:
- Boynton’s Greatest Hits Volume 1 & Volume II
- Llama, Llama Library
- Busload of Pigeons Books, by Mo Willems
princess books: gifts for every kind of princess
- The Paper Bag Princess, by Robert Munsch
- Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?, by Carmella LaVigna Coyle
- Not All Princesses Dress in Pink, by Jane Yolen and Heidi E. Y. Stemple
best reading gifts for digital kids
- Ultimate I-Spy Wii game
- Goosbumps HorrorLand for Nintendo DS
- Magic School Bus Oceans for Nintendo DS
10 eBooks: must-haves for older readers
I love the Storia eBook versions of these books for older readers (or check out the hardcopies below):
- I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, by Lauren Tarshis
- 39 Clues: Maze of Bones, by Rick Riordan
- Aquamarine, by Alice Hoffman
- Gregor the Overlander, by Suzanne Collins
- Heartland #1: Coming Home, by Lauren Brooks
book sets for kids who love adventure and mystery
book sets like:
- The Magic Treehouse books 1-4, by Mary Pope Osborne
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians, books 1-5, by Rick Riordan
- Encyclopedia Brown books 1-4, by Donald J. Sobol
- Harry Potter boxed set, by J.K. Rowling
how to find the perfect book gift for kids: using Scholastic’s Book Wizard
Not sure what to get but know for sure your child has some favorite authors, themes, or genres?
Check out Scholstic’s Book Wizard for more recommendations, catered specifically to your loved ones’ needs and levels!
Just a start here, friends. Just a start!
fyi: affililate links are used in this post
Leave a Reply