It has been such an amazing summer. I am desperately, terribly, incredibly sad to see it go.
But here we are. Marching forward.
At my kids’ request, I whipped up another batch of lunchbox love notes. This time, they’re silly, wacky, crazy, funny, and giggle-inducing.
They’ve asked for more jokes. So fun.
And since school’s starting in a minute (waahhhh!), what better way to ring in the new school year than by celebrating their good, ole school days with School RULES! Lunchbox Joke Notes?
And really, the jokes help to keep things light for this mama who has a hard time with change.
Here’s the skinny. . .
- School RULES! Super-Silly Lunchbox Joke Notes: During our last summertime library trip, we grabbed a boatload of joke books, and I added the ones that were school-related to this 3-pager joke printable.
They’re funny. I must admit.
And because Cora loves the pictures–and can still really benefit from using them to help her decode the text, as an early reader, I tried to add related art for each joke.
Amazing to think that last year’s Wordless Riddles Notes were mostly photos because she couldn’t read as much. Incredible what happens during that Kindergarten year! Our babies learn to read!
There are 24 superstar, hilarious, fabulous notes on these pages.
Cut the notes together if you have more than one kiddo. . .
then write a little love. . .
. . . and fold it so that the answer to the joke is hidden!
To make it easier for cutting (so I’m not spending three hours standing and cutting, standing and cutting), I simply grab three copies of the first sheet and cut those–three pages at once. Then I do the same for the second and third sheets.
I stack them in our cabinet so I can easily grab the first three on the pile, write a quick ‘Maddy, I love you! xoxo love Mom’ on the note–something short and sweet–and toss them in the lunchboxes.
The school RULES lunchbox joke notes are here to download and use for your own kiddos if you so choose. If you would, feel free to share with a buddy so that all kids get a little something silly in their lunch this year!
Print them here: school rules joke lunchbox notes
I try to put the same note in each child’s lunch so I can make sure there aren’t repeats through the month, though that doesn’t always work. Just clip them together in a little stack so they’re easy to grab when I’m making lunches two seconds before they leave the house.
I wouldn’t worry if your kiddo isn’t reading yet; you can still add lunchbox love notes and have your child ask the teacher to read it to him or her. I did that when Maddy, Owen, and Cora were teeny, and I really think that it helps kids build confidence, patience, manners, and communication skills.
Though teachers are super-busy, and we all know that, most likely he or she can find 15 seconds to read a silly note to a student.
And that’s it. Just a little something silly to get us moving in the right direction next week when school starts. Keeping it light for a few weeks of change.
Want a look at all of our lunchbox looooove notes? Here they are:
- Wordless Riddles lunchbox notes
- Halloween Jokes lunchbox notes
- Hidden Pictures lunchbox notes
- Disney Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Budgie Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Happy, Happy Day lunchbox notes
- Homemade lunchbox notes
- Parent Notes for lunchbox or anywhere
- Holiday Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- More Holiday lunchbox notes
- Valentine’s Day Knock-Knock joke lunchbox notes
- St. Patty’s Day Joke lunchbox notes
- Springtime lunchbox love notes
- Super-Sweet lunchbox love notes
Need more awesome Back-to-School lunchy ideas? Definitely check out:
- our #weteach Back to School board on Pinterest. It’s totally fab. Tons of ideas for getting the school year off on the right foot!
- our lunchbox love note board — all things lunchbox loooooove
- the After School Activities board from my friends at Educators’ Spin on It
Here’s to a rockstar 2013-2014 school year and many more to come!
fyi: feel free to use the links below to more joke books if you’d like more silly jokes in your life