We had a fantastic long and sunny weekend, and my heart hurts at the thought that tomorrow Maddy goes back to school. I’m sure that one of these days, I’ll get into the swing of things, but until then, I’ll just have to keep sending her to
school with little hugs.
I sat down at the computer tonight to make some love notesfor her lunch box for the next few days.
Lunchbox Love Notes:
These are very simple notes, and each has a picture to go along with it. I want them to be easy enough for Maddy to read. I made a few varieties on the same page–easy to print on one sheet and cut apart.
The Love Notes are here for friends to download and print out.
She is working so hard at being a good Kindergartner. I know she’s tired by the end of the day; by Friday of last week, she was beat.
If a tiny note at lunch that says, Good job! puts a smile on her face or reminds her of how proud we are, then these little love notes will have done their job!
Grab your own set of Lunchbox Love Notes by putting your email in the box below. Magically, the notes will appear in your inbox!
Plus, I’m hoping that the simple text (with words she is familiar with) along with the tiny pictures will help her to decode these little messages. I know that will certainly be something she will feel proud about, and I hope to modify the template to add different messages as her word bank increases throughout the school year.
Keep this on the d.l., but I think I’ll even stick a few of the “I love you” ones into my husband’s lunch bag before he leaves for work! I might even be note crazy by the end of the week, and I may make some for Owen and Cora to find around the house. . .
Want a few more ways to play with words?
- Raising word conscious kids
- a word a day: raising word conscious kids
- learning during read-alouds: word consciousness
- Grammar Sharks Cards
- farm full of rich vocabulary words
- oral language development
And don’t forget:
Want a few more lunchbox notes for your kids?
Want a look at all of our lunchbox looooove notes? Here they are:
- School Rules: Super Silly Lunchbox Jokes
- Positive Affirmation lunchbox notes
- Nicer than Necessary lunchbox notes
- Wordless Riddles lunchbox notes
- Halloween Jokes lunchbox notes
- Hidden Pictures lunchbox notes
- Disney Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Budgie Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- Happy, Happy Day lunchbox notes
- Homemade lunchbox notes
- Parent Notes for lunchbox or anywhere
- Holiday Fun Fact lunchbox notes
- More Holiday lunchbox notes
- Valentine’s Day Knock-Knock joke lunchbox notes
- St. Patty’s Day Joke lunchbox notes
- Springtime lunchbox love notes
- Super-Sweet lunchbox love notes
fyi: feel free to use the affiliate links below to make your kids’ lunches awesome